Mobilising for Development (M4D) is a pioneer governance program aiming to support improved equitable access to quality basic services and accountability at the local level.
Working with communities, marginalized groups, policy makers and service providers across nine (9) local government areas (LGAs) in Kano, Kaduna, and Jigawa states, M4D aims to impact service delivery in relation to education, health, water and sanitation and livelihoods in order to contribute to the achievement of the Millennium Development Goals and broader Nigerian development aspirations beyond 2015.
M4D will focus on:
- Strengthening community engagement and demand, by working with Community Based Organizations (CBOs) at ward and LGA level
- Promoting inclusion, with a special focus on Girls and People Living with Disabilities (PWD), by supporting Life Skills Clubs and Forums for girls and strengthening CBOs of PWD.
- Supporting better service delivery and accountability, by strengthening capacity of local and state service providers and policy makers for more inclusive practices, clearer standards and improved responsiveness
- Nurturing innovative ‘better-fit’ approaches to service delivery and accountability, in order that new and more effective ways can help accelerate progress, and
- Sharing and spreading ideas that work with others at local, state and national level
M4D will support and leverage the impact of government initiatives such as the MDG/CGS (LGA track) by promoting participatory community based approaches to planning and monitoring projects. M4D will leverage other donor programmes and initiatives to maximize impact.
By the end of the programme in 2018, M4D hopes to achieve the outcome of improved responsiveness and accountability of policy makers and service providers to citizens’ entitlements and demands. This will contribute to improving access to, use of and satisfaction with services – in turn improving Nigeria’s ability to achieve its stated development aspirations.
Palladium develops and delivers solutions that create positive impact for communities, businesses, societies and economies worldwide. We partner with institutions, governments and businesses to deliver cost-effective development initiatives, delivering better quality of life and a better future for communities around the world. Our Governance team supports the development of effective government institutions and empowers citizens to hold government accountable for better service delivery and the protection of their rights.
- Always learning
In my entire life, I have never been to an office where I rolled in my Wheel Chair into the office with ease……..
- Successful conduct of election by persons with disability deepens trust with local government officials
- Service providers better able to plan for disabled persons in Kudan
- Dawakin Tofa CBOs brainstorm on solutions to common issues
- Service provider says era of decision-making without community input gradually over
- Persons with Disability make input into local government budget